Jira Database

manhnh August 23, 2016

After install JIRA Software and backup, I cant login so i try to run sql command in hsql database to check user groups follow the instruction here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/running-sql-commands-in-a-hsql-database-685900390.html

But i cant find 'jiradb' folder 

For example: C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Application Data/JIRA/database/jiradb.

In database folder i only see 2 files 'h2db.mv' and 'h2db.trace'.

What do i need to do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

JIRA 7 has dropped hsql and moved to h2 as the database.  You'll need to use a tool for working with h2 databases now.

However, it also makes me want to ask "why"?  There's only a small handful of times that reading/writing a JIRA database is the right answer to a problem, and as you're not working on a production system, I very much doubt you have run into one of them.

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

I would agree in general, but stuff like automatically querying the team calender has no API support making it completely impossible to do without direct db-access. The database consistency tools work fine for a handful of elements, but ignores most other parts of the database. Once i was part of migrating 3 AD domains into 1. This forced 1.9million changes to be made on our database, something that would have been "impossible" without direct SQL access.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2016

Merges and fixing things are included in the "small handful of times".  It's just here on answers, people keep reaching for database access when it's the worst possibly route for them to take.

Suggest an answer