• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Database update passwords

Hello,

I have an external database with users and passwords, the encryption on that database is sha256 how can i "upload" them into jira database, as i saw Jira has a different encryption?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 08, 2020

Hi Inglo,

at the moment the intention of doing so is probably a bit unclear why it seems a bit empty here.

If I got you right you are using external user management to authenticate your users - my missing link is where you want to upload users with a specific encrption to Jira database.

Assuming you have password hashed (encrpyted SHA2) somewhere and want to convert so you can put them into Jira database - this will not work for complex passwords as they cannot be decyrpted in a timely manner. Doing so would be needed - so you can encrypt them with the algorithm of your choice and put to database. This is just a guess, though.

In case you could explain further on what you are planning to adjust/achieve somebody from community is probably able to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you