Jira Database Performance

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2013

Hi all,

I'm just looking at the database monitoring tool of Jira and asked myself, whether our values of "Writes/sec" and "Reads/sec" are ok or not. I can't find any recommendations from Atlassian for these values.

Are there any recommendations for this or do you have any recommendations for me ? Up to now, we had no problems with performance or pooled connections, but as I can see in that monitoring tool, we have single peeks where we have values of "28 reads/sec" several times a day. Is that something I should look at ? Or just sit back and do something else :-)

Thank you

Thomas

2 answers

1 vote
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hello,

Well we had no problem with this peak here :

480 reads/sec each morning on one of our instance for about 3h, then down back to 100ish in other times

Martin

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2013

thank you Martin :-)

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2013

Based on my understanding, this value will change upon time like what Martin mentioned above, where the instance up scales. And the read and write speed highly determined by the database setup and how JIRA connects to your database (network, local disk and etc). I would not recommend to have a close watch on this values, unless there are some sluggish execution during the peak hours and you have narrowed down to database is causing it.

At any time, you can still contact support at support.atlassian.comif you still have questions on this, and we will be delighted to help you further :)

Suggest an answer