Jira Custom Field Context

MSDE July 21, 2017

Is it possible to have the values of a listbox be different depending on what step the issue is in?

For example, if the issue is in the Open step, the values of a custom field "Sub step" is A, B and C.  If the issue is in step In Progress, the values of a custom field is D, E and F.

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Hi,

I think that there's no standard way to achieve this, maybe you can try with an script custom field using ScriptRunner.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2017

A scripted custom field won't help - they're read-only (unless sub-step could always be calculated, not entered by the user.  Then they're ideal) But I'm pretty sure you can do it with Scriptrunner.

I have not tried it myself, hence I'm not 100% sure, but, define the sub-step with values A, B, C, D, E and F.  Then use a "Behaviour" to remove the options you don't want, depending on the current status.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

You're right, i missed the "select list"

Suggest an answer