Jira Custom Charts. Is there a way to fix the data at a point for status category & fix version?

david.hirst November 24, 2020

Using a 2D stacked bar chart where the source captures the data from the correct project & excludes cancelled issues. The group by uses status category. The x-axis labels separate the data into Fix versions. So far, so good. 

What is happening is that it returns the current status category, but what I really want is the status category at a point in time i.e. the end of Sunday, 11-22-2020. 

source jql = project = "LPUK Epic Repository" AND NOT status in (Cancelled)

X-Axis jql = fixVersion WAS "LPUK Q4 - 2020 Release" ON 2020-11-22.

I can get the fix version based on point in time, but because the grouping is based on status category & the x-axis is only based on one fix version, I can't seem to separate the status category issue count for each status category. Every way I've tried this I get a jql error.

Custom chart.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi @david.hirst ,

Thank you for posting this question. I can see what you are trying to achieve and while I don't think this is currently possible in a single chart, you could achieve this by creating multiple charts, one per release.

The WAS and WAS IN operators are provided by Atlassian JQL and from their documentation it shows that only Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields are currently supported.

Therefore, if you made a chart that was just for a single release, you could have both Chart By and Group By set to Custom JQL and write something like:

Chart By:

• fixVersion WAS "LPUK Q4 - 2020 Release" ON 2020-11-22

Group By: 

• status WAS IN ("To Do") ON 2020-11-22
  • status WAS IN ("In Progress") ON 2020-11-22
  • status WAS IN ("Done") ON 2020-11-22

Your request is something we are currently looking at as a built-in feature to simplify this process. I will let you know when we have an update for you.

If you have any other questions you can contact our team directly at: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Kind regards,

Tom - Custom Charts Support Team

david.hirst November 24, 2020

Hi @Tom Harris - Old Street 

Thanks again for your super quick reply & detail.

I thought it was my Jira ineptitude showing up again, but good to know I wasn't going totally mad.

I had already made this second graph which works exactly as you've suggested, so again good to know that is a sensible approach. As the two aren't synchronized at a point in time, I've moved them around on the page to make them work better for now, so look forward to hearing if this becomes a feature in future.

Regards

David

Like Tom Harris - Old Street likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events