Hi, we are using JIRA 6.3.10. I'm trying to set up a mail handler to automatically create emails when received in an outlook email account.
It is working well but have come across an issue with an email which contained both a .xlsx file and a .zip file. The Issue was created in JIRA but without the attachments. An automated comment was added to the issue by Anonymous - "An error occurred while adding attachments to this issue from the source email. Please check the attachments and re-send the email".
The problem seems to be the.zip file. I tried sending the email again but without the zip file and the issue created fine with the xlsx attached. I was able to then manually attach the zip file.
I tried sending the email with only the zip file and once again an issue was created minus the attachment but with the Anonymous ocmment added again.
Any ideas how I can configure so that the zip file is attached via the create from email route.
Could you see a warning or error in log? Maybe the reason is attachment size. Is it happen with any size? I'd suggest you check attachment maximum size: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-attachment-size-150040.html
I hope be useful.
I'm apologizing for answering to an old toppic like this, but I'm experiencing the same problem here and wasn't able to find a sulution until now.
- its definitely only the zip files that cannot be attached and are causing the problem
- the zip file ist definitely included in the mail and it's definitely JIRA and not the mail server thats rejecting/not processing the file, as I can see the email in the inbox with the attachments prior to JIRA knowing it's there (like David was already mentioning)
- the mail handler log doesnt list any error regarding this, its only listing the referring email as processed sucessfully.
Did someone come up with a solution for this?
Any help greatly appreciated.
I gonna try to help you with some questions, a link with interesting tips and an alternative.
Have you tried ...?
- ... an email with another type of attachments?
- ... an email with a .zip file and another type of file? Does it only include one file?
- ... an email with a .zip file generated by you?
- ... to update the plugin Jira Mail?
Link with tips about attachments: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-file-attachments-802593126.html
As an alternative, create your own mail handler: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-mail-handler-for-jira/
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs