Jira Create Issue configuration

Max Heidenreich June 18, 2014

Hello everbody,

i really need your help. Today, i spend my whole time to read the documentation of Jira but at least it helped me just a bit. There were things i learned and things i used to.

Till today we are working with the Default Templates. I managed to create a new workflow. I also managed to create transitions screens in that workflow. This is working fine so far.

What do i want now?

- I want to add custom fields in the issue screens.

- but i do not want the custom fields in every issue type … for example: bug -> here we want much more of fields (device, point of time, steps to reproduce) and we do not need this fields in a task-issue.

How are the right steps to do that?

2 answers

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hi Max,

I would configure my custom field to be only available for required issue types.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-contextContext

This allows you to control on which types the field is available.

Vijay

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

Congrats! You've stepped into a new world of customization.

This can be achieved by creating new screens and then an issue type screen scheme. After that, you then associate the Issue Type Screen Scheme with your desired project.

For example, say I had a project with the key TEST. I have the Issue Types of: Bug, Task and Sub-Task. All of those I want to have different fields on. When I create the screens I would create them as:

TEST Bug Create/Edit/View Screen - This is presuming they share all operations. I would add the fields desired to this screen. Generally, for organization, I do: [Project Key][Issuetype][Function]

I'd then create one for Task and Sub-Task, defining fields as applicable.

Then I would create a Screen Scheme, where the new Issuetype screens are associated with the Issue Type (i.e bug --> bug). Hopefully that makes sense!

Suggest an answer