Jira Core included with Jira Service Desk?

Chris Chambers October 24, 2017

Probably a silly question, but I haven't found anything stating it clearly...

We purchased the starter, 3-user server license for Jira Service Desk, and there are still Business Projects available for creation within the system.  Does this mean Jira Core is part of the system we licensed?  i.e.  Jira Core is the base platform, and Service Desk rests atop it - meaning we have access to Jira Core by default, and Service Desk as its add-on?

Had we purchased Jira Software would we then have had Jira Core and Jira Software?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

Yes, you get Jira Core with Service Desk as Service Desk sits on top of Jira.  If you had purchased Jira Software & Service Desk, Jira Core would not be necessary as all functionality is included in Software.

.pd

Chris Chambers October 24, 2017

Thank you!  That will make pitching the purchase of additional licenses to my managers easier.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

It's not quite "included", it's better to think of Service Desk and Software as applications that sit on top of Core adding functions to it.  The installers for those two install Core first and then add Service Desk or Software in top without the user having to think about it.

Suggest an answer