Jira Core Gadget - Assigned to Me

LisaF September 17, 2019

The list in the Dashboard (gadget) doesn't include any tasks where you are included as a 'multiple assignee' only tasks where you are the 'assignee'.

Doesn't anyone have a fix for this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

There is no such thing as a "multiple assignee" in Jira - it deliberately has a single-value  assignee field to avoid all the avoidable problems with multiple assignees. 

The gadget is therefore coded to look only at the single assignee field.

I suspect one of your admins has decided to cause problems by adding a custom "multiple assignee" field.  The closest you can get to the "assigned to me" gadget is to create your own "filter results" gadget that looks at the custom field.

LisaF September 17, 2019

Thanks Nic, appreciate your assistance.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

What is “multiple Assignee “? This sounds like a custom field. If your gadget is triggering on Assignee then it should reflect all issues by Assignee. If the multiple assignee is a separate field it isn’t related to Assignee and will not be considered.

Suggest an answer