Jira Content Pack for Power BI

Keri Phillips January 4, 2022

I am trying to use the Jira Content Pack for Power BI Desktop. Once I load in the content pack, it asks for a URL. What specific URL is supposed to be used? I went to a board in our Jira and copied that URL. When I entered it into Power BI, I was given this message: 

"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] We found extra characters at the end of JSON input.."
Am I entering the wrong URL? How can I change it so that it works for the content pack?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Derek Border June 30, 2022

Hi I use Doit BI connector it is paid but gives you access to the Jira data direct into Power BI or as i use it via Power BI data flows, service has been really great and they have been very responsive to requests for amended functionality etc. they do a free trial so you can set up the data and try it to make sure you get what you need from it.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

@Keri Phillips What app do you have installed in Jira to connect PowerBI this will determine what URL you will use.

Suggest an answer