Jira Connection to MSSQL 2014

Upgrading to a new JIRA Instance.  Old instance uses the built-in DB.  Having issues connecting after following the setup directions.

image2017-1-17 19:15:24.png

I have even gone and physically created the dbconfig.xml file to match this setup.  I test it and still don't get a connection.  

The jiradbuser is a member of the domain and has SQL login rights.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 votes

You'll need to read the logs to get more information on what the actual error is - JIRA's logs might have more, but you're probably going to need the database logs to tell you if it's something other than "incorrect credentials"

Looked at the logs and it couldn't connect because it was expecting and SQL Server login and not domain.  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,980 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot