Jira, Confluence Integration

fcukinyahoo November 1, 2012

Good Day,

In the simplest way what are steps to integrate Confluence to Jira and Jira to Confluence? Tried the Confluence documentation about it but it is no help.

Anyone?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

If you want to Connect Confluence and Jira together so you can refer to Jira tickets directly from Confluence, and refer to Confluence docs from Jira in a proper format,

Go to Confluence Admin -> Application Links -> Add Application Link -> Give URL of Jira Server -> Provide Jira User Credentials for Authentication

Then you need to give access specifically from spaces to interact between jira and conf

in Confluence

Browse -> Space Admin -> Add Link -> Choose your Jira -> Confirm.

Done!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2012

Ah, so you decided what you wanted, and then found the documentation that covers it.

Glad to have helped you in the right direction.

5 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2012

Define "integration". It's a lovely word meaning (in software terms) "make two systems share and exchange information", but it's immensely vague. You need to define it.

And, more usefully, don't cryptically tell us "documentation is no use" and not tell us what you've read and not understood. "Documentation is no use" usually means "I haven't read it properly", "I don't really know what I'm doing" or "the search is broken and I don't know what to type in to find what I really need" (which is a common criticism of Confluence, and one that I feel is very valid)

integration, simple integration inbetween meaning i can refer to Jira tickets from Confluence, have enough permissions to create tickets from confluence. The Documentations are too complex for such as simple task, usual problem, too much information. And not a word you are saying doing any good!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2012

Again, you don't tell us what documentation you are struggling with, and it's still not quite clear what you mean by "integration".

If you want to "refer to Jira tickets from Confluence", you can include their urls as links, or better, define a macro or shortcut to do that with a simple format rather than a url, or better, use application links, including the "create ticket" stuff as documented. Or, if my guess there is wrong, can you tell us what "refer to" means?

I think you may be struggling with the documentation - perhaps if you explained what you're trying to do (you may well be looking at the wrong stuff) and what documentation you are stuck on?

>And not a word you are saying doing any good

Unfair, I'm generalising because the question is not clear. I could easily say it back to you because your response is pretty much the same question without any more details, even though I tried to ask you for explicit and clear information. I think I may sound grumpy and irritable by saying this, but please, re-read your postings and try to understand that you simply aren't giving us enough information to be able to offer you useful help.

Suggest an answer