Jira/Confluence Configuration Management Best Practices

bposner July 21, 2013

Has anyone developed a configuration management guide, set of policies and practices, or other type of documentation for maintaining Jira and/or Confluence? What I'm interested in are practices around making changes to Jira/Confluence itself -- things like handling change requests (new fields, new projects, new workflows, etc.), plugin installation requests, issue deletion, upgrades, and the like. I'm wondering what policies you have for request review, testing of changes, migration of changes from Stage to Production, etc.

If you have developed any material like this that you are willing to share, I would appreciate it. Just looking for something that works for you which I could review as a starting point for our own policies. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Well, you can use JIRA itself to manage all of these request. Firstly, you will have to determine the business process and build it into your own JIRA. Create a new project and configurations that you need.

Then, document these information down in a new Confluence Space.

Suggest an answer