Jira Components - how to add and use?

I spent time looking in the documentation and issues but could not find a good explanation on how to add components and best practices.

The page on how to add a component does not line up as I see no Components menu option on the left. Possibly the latest online Jira version has changed.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Defining+a+Component

3 answers

1 accepted

I just went back in to the project admin and this time I saw the component admin after selecting a specific project. I think that docs page needs to be more specific that its not at the project summary page that shows all projects and where you add/edit a project name but for within the seleted project admin page.

0 votes

Do you have project admin rights in the project you are trying to add it to?

Yes, I have full admin and added the projects.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,780 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot