Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Cloud error importing CSV exported from JIRA Server

Edited

I'm trying to import some issues exported from Jira Server into a Classic software project.

When importing few records, the importer runs fine. When I try to import the full file (about 600 records), I get the following error:

2020-06-26 16:29:19,909 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='128947', summary='#00553553_Sonae Capital TT - Request 1709829 Open_    [ ref:_00D205V5n._5002p2EC0Ge:ref ]']
2020-06-26 16:29:19,944 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='128898', summary='#00553396_RE: Criação em SAPHETY de novo fornecedor_    [ ref:_00D205V5n._5002p2EBnii:ref ]']
2020-06-26 16:29:19,969 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='128886', summary='#00553160_erro integração Fornecedor_    [ ref:_00D205V5n._5002p2EBDs4:ref ]']
2020-06-26 16:29:19,986 INFO - ------------------------------
2020-06-26 16:29:19,986 INFO - Finished Importing : Issues
2020-06-26 16:29:19,986 INFO - ------------------------------
2020-06-26 16:29:19,986 ERROR - Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data may be in an unstable state: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting. (Privacy-safe boxing of a org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException): while inserting. (Privacy-safe boxing of a org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException): Privacy-safe boxing of a org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Privacy-safe boxing of a org.postgresql.util.PSQLException

I believe it might be a data issue, but I'm a bit lost on what may be causing it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Ricardo Esteves 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

The error was in fact, data related.

A specific field mapping between my CSV and a project field of different data types was causing this.

This resolution will not probably be of much use for anyone else, but if someone is experiencing a similar situation, a good approach could be trial and error.

The CSV can be imported multiple times. One just have to map one field at a time. It should import successfully until getting to the field which is causing the exception.

Thanks for the help and support!!

I was importing to Jira Service Management Cloud from a different type of system and my issue was that the Resolution text was too long for the field in Jira Service Management Cloud.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jun 30, 2020

Hi Ricardo,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I can see there is an error here, but so far I have not found a clear cause.  That particular 'privacy-safe boxing' type error is unfortunately very vague in regards to the exact cause. 

I created a support case to address this problem on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-584458

Our support team might request the CSV file you are trying to import here in order to investigate this further so that we can try to narrow down the exact cause here.  Once we have a solution here, I would be interested to update this thread so that it might help other users with the same problem.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for your feedback. Hope to have this issue sorted out.

I don't have permissions to view the support case but will surely keep this case updated so it might, hopefully, help someone else, also.

Will the support team reach me via this case?

Thanks again

Ricardo

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jul 01, 2020

Hi Ricardo,

Yes our support team will reach out on that case.  In the meantime, have you considered trying to use the Jira Cloud migration assistant instead of CSV here?  This plugin for Jira Server/Data Center has some pretty good features for being able to export specific projects in Jira Server for import into Jira Cloud without overwriting data in Jira Cloud.  It might be an alternative way to migrate that data. 

I hope that helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you