Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook - RFC/VR error.

Jim Cooley March 16, 2021

Have been successfully creating issues in Jira Cloud from MS Outlook until today, when I received the error:

⚠ RFC/VR: RFC/VR is required.

The connection to Jira Cloud seemed OK, as I was able to fill in all fields that required data from Jira, eg Project, Epic Link, Assignee etc. It's only when I hit the Create button that I received the error. 

PC is Windows 10 - Outlook 2016.

Any ideas whet the problem may be?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Jim Cooley 

Do I understand correctly that you see this error once you click "Create" in the "Create issue" screen?

If so, seems like the configuration of your project has been changed, and now "RFC/VR" is a required custom field. Do you see this field when you click the "Show X more fields" button? Can you see this field when you create an issue from Jira site?

Jim Cooley March 22, 2021

Hi Vitalii,

Thanks for the response.

I've checked the project configuration, and have found that our Admins have kept it fairly simple and the available custom fields are restricted to:

• Assignee
  • Attachment
  • Components
  • Description
  • Epic Link
  • Fix Versions
  • Labels
  • Linked Issues
  • Priority
  • Reporter 
  • Sprint

and none of these are mandatory for data entry, so I don't think that this was the cause of the problem.

Fortunately/Unfortunately the problem has been resolved and I am now able to create issues from Outlook as I had done recently. No idea what caused the problem, so I'm just going to have to put it down to the legendary Gremlin.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hi Jim,

Maybe somebody has changed the configuration of the project temporarily and then changed it back. Anyway, I'm glad that it works for you again :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events