Jira Cloud - Workload Pie Chart Gadget errors on certain filter syntax

Kit Goode January 4, 2018

Previously I was able to create a workload pie chart that showed a current user's workload by issue type on a current sprint, using this filter:

sprint in openSprints() AND NOT status in (Closed, Done, Resolved) AND assignee in (currentUser()) ORDER BY lastViewed DESC

At some point in the last few days the workload piechart gadget has become a lot more fragile, and breaks when defining a current sprint and when defining any status whatsoever. This is the error it throw out:

error.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Kit,

• Is this Cloud or Server?
  • Does this happen for any other gadgets?

If this is Server we would need a bit more information to assist.  Here's what I would do:

1. Re-index JIRA.  This has worked for a number of users that experienced a similar issue.
  2. Reproduce the issue and take a look at the catalina.out and the atlassian-jira.log.

If the Re-index does not help please provide the log snippet that appears when you try to reproduce the issue and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Kit Goode January 5, 2018

Cloud, else I would've re-indexed myself! Is there a process for requesting a background re-index from the Atlassian team?

ETA: Sorry, realised I didn't answer your other questions. I've not had this error on any of the gadget's we're currently using, it's only on the workload piechart but I haven't had time to winkle around yet either on other gadgets or checking to see if using the syntax that breaks this one breaks others. 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Can you confirm your Cloud URL and I'll have someone look into this for you.

Cheers Branden, it's vtimedev.atlassian.net

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2018

Thanks Kit.  One more thing.  Are you able to login at my.atlassian.com?  If not please create an account and let me know the email address used.  I'm trying to add you to the ticket I created but the system is unable to locate your email.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2018

Nevermind Kit.  I got it.  You should hear back from the Cloud Support team soon.

Haha, sorry, I swear I was about to reply! Thanks again

Suggest an answer