Jira Cloud - How do I Reorder options in Workflow Drop-down menu

Amanda Winston December 20, 2017

Hello fellow Jira users!

I added a new Workflow step to a Workflow Scheme and it is now showing up properly on issues (Deployed to Sandbox).

However, the users want this step to appear before Deployed. As you can see it is currently the last option.

jira.png

I have done two things in an attempt to move it up the list, but I have been unsuccessful.  

1. I have rearranged (not really surprised this didn't work)

2. I also  went to Settings>Issues>Statuses and spent an hour using the arrows to leap-frog this status and get it to appear above Deployed... but had no impact that I can see (I would also like to know, what does this accomplish? I'd like to be sure that I didn't do any harm since it did not accomplish what I'd hoped).

blahaha.png

Thanks folks!

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017
Amanda Winston December 21, 2017

Hi Mikael, thanks so much for your response!

However I have not been successful in applying the fix you recommended.  I successfully found where to specify transition properties and set "opsbar-sequence"s of 6&7 for Deployed to Sandbox, and Deployed, respectively.  I then published the Workflow (which then appeared in draft) but when I go to an issue in this Project the drop down options are still ordered in the same way they were previously.

I started adding "opsbar-sequence"s for every item in the menu, thinking that may very well be necessary, until I found there is no "Closed" transition in the diagram to assign a sequence to.

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 4.28.06 PM.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Did you change the correct workflow? Under project settings you can see which workflows the project is using.

Stephen T October 23, 2018

Hi @Amanda Winston were you able to fix your issue? I'm on Jira cloud as well and am interested in reordering the workflow dropdown menu as well but don't know how. thx

Suggest an answer