Jira Cloud - Community Licensing?

Michael Durbin December 8, 2017

Will Jira cloud be offered to Community Edition groups/users in the (near) future?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2019

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update this old thread with some new information in regards to Community Cloud licensing.   As of July 1st, 2019, Atlassian has started to offer discounts for Atlassian Cloud for non-profits that meet certain criteria.  More details in https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#licensing-7

Beginning July 1, 2019, Atlassian offers Community Cloud licensing at 75% off list price. Please note that Community Cloud pricing includes Atlassian core products and Apps, and does not include third-party Marketplace Apps, Trello, Bitbucket, Opsgenie, Statuspage, or Jira Align.

You can apply for Community Licenses by completing our Community License Request Form.

Just to clarify, the restrictions on the ability to obtain this license are also found on that page:

Atlassian is happy to provide free Server (self-hosted) licenses for registered charitable non-profit organizations which are non-government, non-academic, non-commercial in nature, have no religious affiliation and that would not otherwise be able to afford Atlassian software.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Michael Durbin July 19, 2019

Wow cool!  Thanks Andy!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

Depends - what do you mean by "community edition"?

Michael Durbin December 8, 2017

I should have said, "Community License".

Will JIRA cloud be offered to those using Atlassian products under a community license?  Currently, I think only JIRA Server is offered.

Suggest an answer