Jira Cloud - Classic Version - How to track hours for tasks

Brindha Ravichandran February 3, 2020

We are using the classic version of Jira. Trying to find out how to track the hours logged under tasks for progress. Can someone help?

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

Hello @Brindha Ravichandran ,

do you need to know how to log work on the issue or how to create the reports?

To log the work on the issue, just click on three dots (...) in the right top corner of the issue and choose "Log work":

Výstřižek2.JPG

You can adjust the format and other settings of time tracking in Jira Settings -> Issues -> and under "Issue Features" find "Time Tracking". Also make sure your users have "Work on Issues" permission.

To create reports, you can choose from variety of reports in your project, just check out the Reports section:

Výstřižek.JPG

Hope that helped, in case of any questions, let me know!

Adam

Thanks, the team has been logging the hours under tasks. I am looking for a report that I can run everyday to see how many hours have been logged under each of the task for my burn down chart. As I am using the Classic version of the project, the burn down chart in Jira is not tracking the hours at the task level.

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2020

Hi@Brindha Ravichandran 

You can get the time spent on an issue using the app like Time in Status for Jira Cloud. This plugin counting data about status durations and at the column "total" you can find the summed amount of time spent on each ticket.  Also, you can monitor cycle time for each issue using Time Between Statuses.

Hope it helps

0 votes

I meant we are using Classic Project in Jira

Suggest an answer