Jira Cloud Backup/Restore configuration from one to another jira cloud

fahrurben October 3, 2017

So, i will have two Jira cloud, development jira and production jira. I want to create all configuration in developmen jira. And transfer all configuration to production when it's done. 

3 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Fahrur,

You can do a full site export in Cloud and then re-import that into the production Cloud instance; the instructions are included in the link above.

Please note this will overwrite any data in the production instance.

Let us know if you have any trouble or questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

fahrurben October 4, 2017

Sorry, but it's not i want. I just want the configuration like workflow, issue type, etc. I don't need the data. 

The idea how to clone a project without data to other jira instance.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Fahrur,

Apologies, as the email notifications for Community were not working as expected.

In order to migrate configuration you will need to do the full site migration as I mentioned above. Have a look at How to migrate projects from one JIRA Cloud application to another:

At the present moment there is no project import available for JIRA Cloud applications. As a workaround customers can follow the guide in this KB.

We do have the following feature requests:

I recommend that you vote on both of the features as it helps show the interest for it. You can also watch the case and you will be updated if anything changes.

Thank you for your understanding!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Fahrur Razi October 13, 2017

Thanks Shannon. And i want ask, for JIRA Server can you give me best advise to implement this export/import project ? 

Are JIRA Server had implement this feature natively (no 3rd party plugin) ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2017

For just the project config, no, you will need add-ons.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2017

Hi Fahrur,

For Jira Server it is possible to import a single project:

Restoring a project from backup

However, as Nic mentioned, if you just want the config, then it would require an add-on. Another method would be to remove the unwanted issues after import and keep the configuration as is.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes
Eduard Diez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2018

I tolk for CLOUD

I think that is not very easy. But I try to explain me.

First of all you shoud download the .zip jira of the principal Jira (origin)

1.PNG2.PNGwhen you have the file.zip

You must go to the new jira and put this file.zip in:

Restore system in the same page after.

Start importation or similar ( because we have in spanish, sorry)

3.PNG

and waiting... like me... is very sluggish...

4.PNGI hope I've helped.

0 votes
Fahrur Razi October 12, 2017

Can some atlasian team answer this question ? Even answer that this feature not exist yet ?

Suggest an answer