Jira Cloud Addon Fails to Load due to X-Frame-Options

Chris Carrigan December 19, 2017

We built a custom plugin that displays data from our own database in the issue screen for a specific project.  It worked fine on the development account, but when we moved it to our actual cloud account it is now being blocked due to the 'X-Frame-Options' setting.

The message we are getting is 

Refused to display '{url to our display page}' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

I know that using while using Jira Cloud there is currently no way to add a whitelist domain, but I can't believe that there would be no way to load a page for a web panel plugin from outside of Atlassian since any addon would be loaded from your own domain and not from within the atlassian.net domain.  

I'm sure I'm just missing a step in getting the addon to communicate, I'm just not sure what the step is.

Any help in determining how to fix this would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hi Chris,

I have seen suggestion to perform the whitelist on the firewall side on your location depending on where the add-on is communication to/from.

In regards to adding this as a feature please vote on CLOUD-2636.  This is a feature request to allow Whitelisting in Cloud as it is a restricted feature at this time.  Please vote to add impact and you'll be automatically notified when the ticket is updated.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer