Jira Classic project type no longer available

ryan carroll April 1, 2015

After the most recent auto update to JIRA there is no longer a "JIRA Classic" project type when creating a new project.

This "update" does not allow us to continue using JIRA as we have been and now when a user creates a project, a new workflow and issue scheme is created every time they create a project which is not optimal at all.

Is there anyway to Re-enable "JIRA Classic "

Version6.4-OD-16-006
Build Number64014
Build DateTue Mar 24 00:00:00 EDT 2015
Build Revisione47e3fa9ffcc5dfe1abb9ad8079120623d9886be
Atlassian Partner 
Installation Typeunknown
Server IDBSIQ-MD7C-SZ5L-MF2F
Last Upgrade22/Feb/15 9:56 PM (v6.4-OD-14-082#64012)

9 answers

2 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2015

Hi Ryan,

The JIRA Classic is now known as JIRA Default Schemes project type.

Please give it a try as I believe it will suit your needs.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2015

It does - on Server, but it's been removed from Cloud!

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

I reccomended contacting Cloud support to see if they can reenable it

0 votes
Andy Bupp April 28, 2015

Yeah - I logged a bug at https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23

and they resolved the issue quickly.

0 votes
Shawn Forth April 28, 2015

Any update on this?  I'm encountering the same issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2015

Have you logged an issue with Support to get it changed for you?

0 votes
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2015

Hi all!

This was an internal setting that was turned on for some customers only. If you want it disabled simply open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com and we'll disable it in your instance.

-Felipe

Robin Rodgers April 8, 2015

Im not sure i understand...If i file a request you will disable all the new project types and give me back the old ones? Or is your answer in regards to the language thing Victor mentioned?

Andyb April 14, 2015

Yes please specify. This is really annoying. I just want JIRA to work- which is why we switch to OD in the firt place/

0 votes
Victor Paredes April 7, 2015

if you change the default language for the user you could see "Esquemas Predeterminados de JIRA" what is meaning "JIRA Default Schemes"

I need activate this schema in the original language of the user ( english ). how i can do that?

Sin título.jpg

0 votes
ryan carroll April 2, 2015

Thank you for raising this to the cloud team. I will follow up through that ticket.

0 votes
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

I've raised an issue for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-7806

0 votes
ryan carroll April 1, 2015

Clarissa,

Thanks, but with this newest build that is not an option. Below are the "Project Types" that are available to us when creating a new project.

project_types.PNG

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2015

Another colleague noticed this in Cloud. We can't manage enterprise scale JIRA without it

Suggest an answer