Jira Classic project type no longer available

After the most recent auto update to JIRA there is no longer a "JIRA Classic" project type when creating a new project.

This "update" does not allow us to continue using JIRA as we have been and now when a user creates a project, a new workflow and issue scheme is created every time they create a project which is not optimal at all.

Is there anyway to Re-enable "JIRA Classic "

Version6.4-OD-16-006
Build Number64014
Build DateTue Mar 24 00:00:00 EDT 2015
Build Revisione47e3fa9ffcc5dfe1abb9ad8079120623d9886be
Atlassian Partner 
Installation Typeunknown
Server IDBSIQ-MD7C-SZ5L-MF2F
Last Upgrade22/Feb/15 9:56 PM (v6.4-OD-14-082#64012)

9 answers

Hi Ryan,

The JIRA Classic is now known as JIRA Default Schemes project type.

Please give it a try as I believe it will suit your needs.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

It does - on Server, but it's been removed from Cloud!

1 vote

I reccomended contacting Cloud support to see if they can reenable it

Clarissa,

Thanks, but with this newest build that is not an option. Below are the "Project Types" that are available to us when creating a new project.

project_types.PNG

Another colleague noticed this in Cloud. We can't manage enterprise scale JIRA without it

Thank you for raising this to the cloud team. I will follow up through that ticket.

if you change the default language for the user you could see "Esquemas Predeterminados de JIRA" what is meaning "JIRA Default Schemes"

I need activate this schema in the original language of the user ( english ). how i can do that?

Sin título.jpg

Hi all!

This was an internal setting that was turned on for some customers only. If you want it disabled simply open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com and we'll disable it in your instance.

-Felipe

Im not sure i understand...If i file a request you will disable all the new project types and give me back the old ones? Or is your answer in regards to the language thing Victor mentioned?

Yes please specify. This is really annoying. I just want JIRA to work- which is why we switch to OD in the firt place/

Any update on this?  I'm encountering the same issue.

Have you logged an issue with Support to get it changed for you?

Yeah - I logged a bug at https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23

and they resolved the issue quickly.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,331 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot