Jira Charting Plugin headless java mode

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

The directions say to add  -Djava.awt.headless=true.  where is this added in the JIRA folders for the charting plugin.  This is for Time in Status and Response. JIRA 5.2.4.1  and charting plugin 1.1o

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2015

It's for the command line parameters when starting JIRA - check the setenv.sh/bat file in the bin directory of the installation.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

We found it after googling. The fields for charting are not working after we verified these parms "%EXECUTABLE%" //US//%SERVICE_NAME% ++JvmOptions "-Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true;-Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true;-Djava.io.tmpdir=%CATALINA_BASE%\temp;-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager;-Djava.util.logging.config.file=%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties" --JvmMs 256 --JvmMx 768 --Startup auto call "%BIN_DIR%\permgenservice.bat"

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

set JVM_REQUIRED_ARGS=-Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

What populates the Time in Status field? Since the document says do not add to screens.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2015

Code in the addon populates the field with some data that is not formatted for humans when you index the issues (after adding the fields) Have you restarted the system after adding the parameter? And then added the field?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

I added the fields and indexed then restarted. Not showing any data in the charts

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2015

Hmm. Could you quickly check that admin -> System information is showing the "-Djava.awt.headless=true" in the environment field? It's worth checking because some setups don't set it correctly (I usually manage to edit the wrong file) What does the log say when you try to render one of the charts on the dashboard? And are you 100% sure it should have data in it?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

System Info: JVM Input Arguments -Dcatalina.base=D:\jira-5.2.4.1-standalone -Dcatalina.home=D:\jira-5.2.4.1-standalone -Djava.endorsed.dirs=D:\jira-5.2.4.1-standalone\endorsed -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Djava.io.tmpdir=D:\jira-5.2.4.1-standalone\temp -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=D:\jira-5.2.4.1-standalone\conf\logging.properties -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true exit -Xms512m -Xmx1024m

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

Yes we are sure it should have data since we tested status & response time in an issue after restart. The logs do not show any error Time To First Response: Foundation Average Time in Status: FND 5.0.0.0 Bugs Targeted JS move Maximize Gadget menu

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

The plugin doc shows the time in response fields are editable in the screen shots. The fields were not added to any screens and are not visible on any issue. Is that correct?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

See 3 screen shots under manage plugin. When i tried to attach image. i get this error Your post was rejected because it contains blacklisted words. Please contact the admin for more information. SaveCancel

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2015

No screenshots, sorry. The docs explicitly say "do not add these fields to screens" though, so you have that right. I'm a bit stuck now, I don't know what might be wrong with them. I've used this addon a lot in the past and adding the field and re-indexing has always made the gadgets work (or throw errors into the logs that tell me what I've messed up)

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2015

One question we had on the Time of First Response field is actually Date of First Response in the Add custom field selection. Does the name matter or is just the TYPE of field selected

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2015

I can't remember. The type is absolutely critical, definitely, but the name, I don't know. You could try renaming the field (you won't need to reindex to test it, or if you change it back)

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2015

I changed the name(no results) and changed it back. When we changed the projects it started working on the gadget side. Looks like some projects just do not have the data which is odd

Suggest an answer