Jira Chart

Mei Ying Phuah September 18, 2017

Hi, can i customize my own chart in my dashboard? How can i do so?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

What kind of chart are you wanting to create? There are existing gadgets you can place on dashboards that can show you charts, like a pie chart based on a field from your issues (for example, a breakdown of all issues in a filter by Assignee, Status, etc.).

I don't know which version of JIRA you're on, but to get you started, here's some documentation that shows all of the default gadgets you can use and how to use them.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/using-dashboard-gadgets-802592293.html

Mei Ying Phuah September 19, 2017

Is the field of the existing dashboard  chart can be change? For example, I wish to have created vs closed chart instead of created vs resolved chart. 

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

The fields used on that particular gadget cannot be changed, no. That gadget uses the default JIRA date fields "Created" and "Resolved" accordingly ("Created" gets set automatically when creating a new issue, and "Resolved" gets set whenever a value is given to the Resolution field for the issue, whether you set the value manually or you've set up the workflow to set the value for you automatically). You can only choose which filter of issues is used to create that chart.

That said, how are you classifying the difference between "closed" and "resolved" in your workflow? If a resolution is set when you "close" an issue in your workflow, then you should be able to use the existing gadget without any issues.

Suggest an answer