Jira Capture Settings are different for different projects?

John Enderby February 19, 2016

In capture for one project I have the ability to assign the task to someone, however this particular project is the only one that has this functionality. I would like to be able to find out how to apply these settings across other projects as this functionality is very useful for when I'm testing. I'm not familiar enough with JIRA to find the answer to this problem by digging in the project settings and doing a comparison.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 11.25.50.png

3 answers

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2016

Hi John,

Please check that 'assignee' field is displayed in the 'Create Issue' form in JIRA itself for the given project.
I've just checked it now - Capture will render all the fields it support from the 'Create Issue' screen.

There is a link 'Where is my field' that is visible to admins that will help to troubleshoot why the field is not displayed.

Hope this help! Sorry for getting back to you so late.

--
Cheers,
Ignat.

0 votes
John Enderby February 19, 2016

Hi Ignat,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I have the appropriate permissions according to the project settings in Jira. I am project lead for most of the projects anyway.

Is there anything else you can think of?

Thanks

John

Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2016

John, do you have access to Permission Helper tool that is mentioned here? If not, users who are JIRA administrators should have access to it.

In Permission Helper, you should be able to select user (you), an issue from the project you're not able to assign an issue and Permission, i.e. Assign Issues.

The tool would help find you missing permissions quickly!

John Enderby February 25, 2016

Hi Ignat

This doesn't appear to be an permissions issue, I have tried the permissions helper tool and it is saying that I have permissions for assigning issues. 

The problem I'm having is that on some projects, within JIRA capture itself, I cannot assign taks directly while creating the issue as those fields aren't present in capture.

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
February 19, 2016

Hi John,

You should have Assign Issues permission on the given projects in order to do so. In the project you can assign issues - you have this permission.

Please ask someone who has project administration permissions (or your JIRA administrator) to give you this permission.

More information can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-project-permissions-185729636.html 

--

Cheers,

Ignat. 

Suggest an answer