Jira Calendar Similar to Azure Calendar

Melissa Gerrier December 20, 2021

I'd like to have a calendar in Jira that is aligned with our Sprints that we can also add our time off and targeted releases. 

This functionality was available in Azure, and very useful to planning as you can go to one calendar to check availability as well as use it for reporting. 

The Teams Calendar is not an option as you cannot just add a time off entry as this sends everyone in the group and email thus causing confusing. 

Long story short - we are looking for a source of truth for our release management and sprints from a calendar pov. 

2 answers

0 votes
yurikudin December 20, 2021

Hi @Melissa Gerrier ,

I would suggest taking a look at the Release management application

In the app, you can organize a calendar or roadmap view of Sprints (as a virtual version), Jira versions, packages (set of multiple versions), and epics.

As a result, you could take a holistic, deliverable-centric view of your roadmap.

Hope this will help you,

Yuri

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

Hi Melissa, did you check in the Marketplace, to see if any of the calendar add-ons may meet the requirements? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=calendar

Melissa Gerrier December 20, 2021

I have. We use Jira as our solution to manage our work and releases. It would make sense that calendars would be in the actual solution as opposed to going outside with another app and / or plugin.

For example, Azure has Calendars in the tool so that you can add your personal out of office as well as sprint and release information. This was great for managing and projecting velocity as you have your work and your calendar in one place. I'm not saying that Azure is better than Jira - I'm saying that Azure had the calendar in the same tool that you are managing deliverables - and it's helpful. 

To me, it seems like I'd want to give my clients one stop shopping so to speak and not nickel and dime on something like a calendar. 

Suggest an answer