Jira CVS Importer

Bruno Araujo June 18, 2013

Hello,

I'm currently evalueting JIRA and when i try to import project file i keep getting the following erro "Cannot attach file export.csv: Unable to communicate with JIRA.". I've looked over the tomcat log, the jira logs but none of them show any kind of error.

What am i missing here?

3 answers

0 votes
Balavinayagamoorthi November 13, 2018

It is working for me now when i enable all the modules in "jira importer plugin" in manage apps section.

0 votes
Balavinayagamoorthi November 13, 2018

I get the same issue in one of my test instances of Jira.

But the same file is working fine in Prod instance.

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

Dear Bruno,

So as I understand it, you are trying to import data from CSV file into JIRA, can you kindly confirm this? Anyway, may I know what are the steps taken to import the CSV data into JIRA? Kindly let us know and we will look into it.

On a related note, perhaps the following documentation may help:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Importing+Data+from+CSV

Bruno Araujo June 18, 2013

Ahmad, Thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to import a project in CSV format into JIRA using the 'Import External Projects'. On the very first step were i'm asked to point the file to import i get the message i've said before.

I've checked the attachment configuration and its enabled; The user that is running the JIRA process have suficient permition to create/edit files in the attachment folder.

Suggest an answer