Jira CLI "outputFormat 999" not working with getIssueList

Julio Mugabe February 2, 2015

Hello, I would like to get an issues list showing native and custom fields values. By default and without adding the "--outputFormat 999" parameter, it runs without error showing only the systems fields. When I add "--outputFormat 999" as defined in the CLI documentation to show custom fields, it gives me the error below. I'm missing something?

Trial 1:

[wd-jira@atlperftest jira-cli-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT]$ ./jira.sh --server https://abc.com --action getIssueList --search "filter = finexp_import" --columns "key,reporter,customfield_10581" --outputFormat 999

Client error: Unable to successfully parse csv data. Likely due to unbalanced double quotes, extremely long rows, or other factors related to length of data.
Modify your data or ask you administrator to increase Confluence stack space (-Xss). Error was located between 0 and 38380.
Starting at text: "Key","Id","Project","Type","Status","Priority","Assignee","Reporter","Created","Updated","Date due","Summary","Descript.

Trial 2:

[wd-jira@atlperftest jira-cli-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT]$ ./jira.sh --server https://abc.com --action getIssueList --search "key in(xyz-29889,xyz-29886,xyz-29876,xyz-29875,xyz-29874)" --columns "key,reporter,assignee,customfield_10690" --outputFormat 999

Client error: Unable to successfully parse csv data. Likely due to unbalanced double quotes, extremely long rows, or other factors related to length of data.
Modify your data or ask you administrator to increase Confluence stack space (-Xss). Error was located between 0 and 38380.
Starting at text: "Key","Id","Project","Type","Status","Priority","Assignee","Reporter","Created","Updated","Date due","Summary","Descript.

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

The error message does not have the right context, but still hints at the potential resolution to increase your java stack size. Try 1m or higher.

Modify your java command in your jira.sh file to include: java -Xss1m ...

Julio Mugabe February 3, 2015

Hi Bob, Thanks that helped, it was able to run without errors. But the problem it runs and only shows the system fields and does not show the custom fields at all yet I included the "--outputFormat 999" parameter, see command below. Do I need to add something to these custom fields. ./jira.sh --server https://abc.com --action getIssueList --columns "key,reporter,assignee,customfield_10690,customfield_10581,customfield_10190,customfield_11102,customfield_11101" --search "filter = finexp_import" --outputFormat 999 --file "/data/jira-next/jira-cli-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT/getIssueListAllFields.txt" Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Seems to have lost the last comment I made... here it is again: If you look at your report without column selection, you will find that columns are the custom field names (not the ids), so your column selection is not finding the custom field column (so ignoring). Switch to use the field names as they appear in the non column select output. We would need to implement an improvement request to list the custom field columns by id instead of name.

Julio Mugabe February 3, 2015

Thanks a lot Bob, I used the field names and it is working. Cheers..

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

Good. The incorrect error message will be corrected under: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/ACLI-205

Suggest an answer