Jira CLI -- how to bulk upload attachments?

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi,

Thanks to tips from Bob in the past, I know how to download all attachments for all issues from a filter... something like this:

./jira.sh --action runFromIssueList --filter delta-migration-test --common "--action runFromAttachmentList --issue @issue@ --common \"--action getAttachment --issue @issue@ --file \"\"target/@issue@/@attachment@\"\" \" "

Which gets me something like:

target/FOOBAR-123/example.txt

target/FOOBAR-1232/example.pdf

target/FOOBAR-1232/another-one.docx

Seems like there should be a way do something similar with an upload. Short of having Jira cli connect for each attachment, any tips? I wish I could just swap "getAttachment" with "addAttachment" and call it a day! :)

One other thing -- is there a way to take the output from getAttachmentList, and upload via that? Didn't see any examples for that.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

For upload, you need a script (or a csv file produced by a similar script) to look through the directory and files for ones that you want as attachments and then some how map them to a corresponding issue id. The script can drive the addAttachment command or produce a csv file with the same information and drive it with runFromCsv.

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2014

Great -- thanks -- works like a charm!

Dharanitharan December 5, 2018

@Bryan Karsh

Hi Bryan,

Can you please share the command or script that works for you

Suggest an answer