Jira Bulk Update Component/s Value for issues

Pushparaj Bhaskaran February 11, 2014

Hi,

I would like to update for a set of issues the COmponent/s value . It might have say "Core","JS" .

Hence the update should be able to update all issues with Core in the Component/s field with "HTML" plus also have the other existing item , like in this case the value will be "HTML", "JS" .

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

There is no question here, so there's not a lot we can tell you.

Jira has a bulk-edit facility - that is probably what you need to use.

Yes I see that , but with bulk edit I can update the values but it will update with new values and erase other if any other values exists , remember it is mutiselect .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

I'm aware of that, but your "question" doesn't say you've got any problem or what you're trying to do, so there was no point mentioning it until it was clear what you wanted to do.

Which still isn't there. Please explain what you are actually asking for here.

For any issue , the components field carries mutiple values say for one it might be "Core" , "JS" and another it might be "Core", "CE" . Now when i do a search filter for issues having component field values as Core , it does list me those two issues .

Now the task is to replace the "Core" value with "HTML" . If I do bulk update it will erase "Core","JS" and "Core","CE" for both and update with "HTML" alone which is not intended, It should be "HTML","JS" and "HTML","CE" , the "Core" value alone gets replaced.

Can this be acheived ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2014

You're going to need to break your search into pieces and use bulk edit on each piece. e.g. for issues with "core", do one edit, then for issues with "core" and "ce" a second batch, then for "core","js" a third batch.

Or, just rename "core" to "html", if I've understood that you just want a simple "replace" function.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2014

Yes, you'll need to work out every possible combination - each one will need to be searched for and edited separately.

Thanks that is a good suggestion in case if the value combination is static , the values have one more or more combinations of many more values and it is difficult .

Suggest an answer