Jira Bulk Change Time Out Issues

BitLeigh September 16, 2022

Every time I go to edit bulk change issues in Jira Issue Navigator, I am met with a session timeout error.

Messaging is as follows: 

"

Your session has timed out

Your session timed out while performing bulk operation on issues. This means that we have lost the information that we collected thus far from the wizard. You will need to try the bulk operation again from the start.

"

I have encountered this error every time at either step 2 of choosing the operation or after the 3rd step of changing the one "Epic/Theme" I would like to apply to the bulk edit. 

Steps to Reproduce: 

1. Filtered tickets in issue navigator to apply.

2. Select Tools > Bulk Change

3. Select all tickets (or even select one). Select Next.

4. Session Timeout Error 

Another Way:

1. Filtered tickets in issue navigator to apply.

2. Select Tools > Bulk Change

3. Select all tickets (or even select one). Select Next.

4. Edit {field} to apply change. Select Next. 

5. Session Timeout Error 

I have also seen this error with just trying to edit ONE ticket from the same bulk change ticket flow. I am able to change the field on the individual tickets with ease, but this is EXTREMELY time consuming for 500+ tickets I need to apply this change to. I am only trying to make changes to the same type of ticket in JIRA (only stories). 

I have cleared my cookies, browser settings, tried different browsers, and always have this same error. Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @BitLeigh and welcome to the community

What does the log file states?

BitLeigh September 19, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 12.51.17 PM.png

This is all I'm able to see. Can you please advise? 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

You are not a jira admin? If not, then you have to seek advise from the Jira admin, to look at log files and find out the problem.

Suggest an answer