I've got a question about workflows for ticket/board usage over more than one team. This is likely something covered elsewhere due to the nature of the issue, I've had a look around but still not sure what is the best option in this case.
Scenario: User support project userss create tickets of bugs and feature requests raised in a 3rd party service desk and then PMs from different teams can view, accept, reject, and interact with these tickets. Ideally, there are 2 functionalities that would be useful:
1. A simple way for PMs to clone, copy or link issues to be handled in their own teams with visibility for the User Support team to see the status of those issues/tickets. Would the use of 'Link-Issue' and some automation make the most sense here?
2. 'Popular feature' field - User Support can essentially 'Up vote' tickets depending on the popularity of a request or bug. Would a Custom Popularity field be the best option? Ranked tickets don't seem to be what I need here.
Any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks
Hello @Solomon John-Addey
From what I can think of,
1. Write a script to automatically mark the reporters (of the bug or feature) or the user support project users as watchers to the new issues created by PMs. The newly created issues can then be linked using appropriate issue linking relationship options like "relates to", "depends on", etc.,.
2. You can enable the voting option in your Jira Cloud instance and add the permissions for users in your permission scheme to allow users to vote issues.
Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for the info!
1. So after some discussion it seems just having the newly created issue linked to the initial User Support issue will suffice without the need for User Support agent needing actively check the ticket (I think the status is visible when linked) but I was wondering if there is a simple way to have the status of the new linked issue be mirrored by the original to which it's linked? I'll have a look with automation but was hoping this would be somehow integrated into the linking process.
2. Thanks for this I've had a good look into this and have enabled this and its accompanying permission but doesn't seem to show up in the tickets (see that might be a common issue. I was also hoping to create some clever automation to add an 'up vote' each time a web link was added since we have a clever integration that allows tickets within helpscout to be linked or created which would serve as the 'up vote' rather than end users being able to vote on a ticket. I'm sure this is something I'll have to create a workaround for though.
Thanks so much for replying!