Jira Board based on a filter does not show DONE status tickets

David Zeng October 24, 2019

Hi everyone,

Our Jira setup has several projects, such as Engineering, Bugs, Customer Request, etc. In order to run our sprints, I want to group together tickets from multiple projects into 1 single backlog view, creating sprints that include tickets from the Engineering, Bugs and Customer Request projects. I was able to accomplish this by creating a Backlog board based on a Filter that includes all these projects.

However, in this filter, I did not include tickets with the "DONE" status... well, because I don't want to see all the DONE tickets. The problem is, in my board based on a filter, if a ticket's status changes to DONE, it disappears from the board altogether. I can't even find this ticket in the Sprint Report. That DONE ticket can only be found in the backlog view or sprint report in the Jira project where it's located at. That's the problem... I created this aggregate board so I can manage tickets from different boards in one place.

Does anyone have any idea? Perhaps a way to conditionally filter out the DONE tickets under certain conditions?

Thanks!

David

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2019

Hi @David Zeng , you have accurately analyzed the issue. What is typically done, and what I suggest to you, is to not exclude the Done issues. You should create a Scrum board using a filter that includes all projects. Then set the 'To Do' status to be your Backlog. Doing so, you will not see any Done in the Backlog (and you would not want them there) but will see them on the active Sprint board as you move them to Done until you complete the sprint.

David Zeng October 24, 2019

Thanks for your help, Jack!

Unfortunately, I don't quite understand what you meant by "set the 'To Do' status to be your Backlog".

Is this a board setting (I couldn't find such setting) or a part of the workflow setting?

Thanks for any clarification.

David

Suggest an answer