Jira + Bitbucket pricing

John Lockwood August 30, 2013

Hi,

I have a small github account for some small closed source ventures, paying for five private repositories. I've set up a free Bitbucket account, and was interested in perhaps shutting down the paid Github account and setting up Jira linked to Bitbucket for my private repositories, since I noticed that Jira was $10 per month and it'd be about a wash. However, I also saw that your pricing for Bitbucket was $10 per month, so my question is, if I pay for Jira, does configuring that with Bitbucket mean I have to upgrade the free Bitbucket account as well? I.e., is the lowest cost for Jira + Bitbucket $10 per month or $20 per month? Thanks very much.

John Lockwood

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2013

Hi John,

You aren't required to purchase Bitbucket to use Bitbucket with JIRA. JIRA remains $10/month for 10 users or less in OnDemand or for a Starter license. Bitbucket is always free for 5 users or less. If you end up with more than 5 users who wish to use Bitbucket, you'll need to purchase an account.

An advantage of paying for them both in OnDemand is that you get the automated application navigator and DVCS configured for you. If you use JIRA 10 User + Bitbucket Free, you'll need to manually configure the DVCS connector and won't be able to configure the Application Navigator in Bitbucket.

If you have more questions about this, our sales team is always available at sales@atlassian.com and support is available at support.atlassian.com.

1 vote
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2013

Hi!

You can check the following sites, which give you all the details about pricing:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing
https://bitbucket.org/plans

-Felipe

John Lockwood September 15, 2013

Look, Felipe, on a personal note I appreciate the effort you made, but those pages don't answer the question I asked above -- on the contrary, the RAISE the question I asked above.

Be that as it may, I'm going to mark the answer closed so as not to continue to get the following, by way of blaming me for wanting to spend some money for you guys :). That way I can pocket the savings and get on with my work.

--------------------------------------------------

The following questions of yours are still unresolved:

Please consider one of the following actions:

• Accept an answer (click the grey check mark)
  • Answer your own question, then accept your answer (find the 'Answer my own question' link underneath your question)
  • Edit your question for clarification
  • Add a comment for more information from an existing answer
  • Close the question, if it's invalid

Please be a good Answers citizen!

Accepting answers on resolved questions earns you Karma points, and increases the chances that Answers' top contributors will answer your future questions. If your question is still legitimate and you'd like to await further answers, please do!

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2013

Hi John.

Atlassian products are designed in such a way, that they are integrated in a suite. Usually all features are available without additional license. At the same time, different products may have different license restrictions (usually license limits amount of users).

Let's imagine you have team of 3 developers.

• Bitbucket allows you to create unlimited amount of repositories and have access up to 5 users (for free). So, you don't need to upgrade license until you have reached the 5 users limit for BitBucket repositories.
  • JIRA OnDemand license allows you to register 10 JIRA users, which allows your awesome team to enjoy OnDemand environment for $10 / month.

The connection JIRA to BitBucked account for OnDemand is explained here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Linking+a+Bitbucket+or+GitHub+repository+with+JIRA+OnDemand

Thank you for raising the question!

--

Cheers, Ignat.

0 votes
John Lockwood September 15, 2013

I give up. I will answer my own question -- the way you escape is to answer your own question.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to reply to the initial response. Please let us know immediately if my new response is unsatifactory or if I haven't fully responded to your question.

Suggest an answer