Jira Backup Fail

AnatoliyG July 1, 2017

Hello,

Trying to migrate on new Jira instance.

• v6.4.12#64027-sha1:e3691cc)
  • Oracle DB

When I perfom backup from JIRA (from Backup System)

I always get the error:

An exception occurred backing up: org.ofbiz.core.util.GeneralRuntimeException: Error creating GenericValue (SQL Exception while getting value: (Invalid column type: getBLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CLongRawAccessor))

Found the same error here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/invalid-column-type-getblob-not-implemented-for-class-oracle-jdbc-driver-t4clongrawaccessor-during-backup-process-854131615.html

Made this:

desc propertydata
Name          Null     Type       
------------- -------- ---------- 
ID            NOT NULL NUMBER(18) 
PROPERTYVALUE          BLOB       

But this doesn't help, still get the error. 

Cant find another way to migrate.

Any ideas? 

Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while getting value:  (Invalid column type: getBLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CLongRawAccessor)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SqlJdbcUtil.getValue(SqlJdbcUtil.java:728)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.EntityListIterator.currentGenericValue(EntityListIterator.java:169)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.EntityListIterator.next(EntityListIterator.java:246)
	... 199 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type: getBLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CLongRawAccessor
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.Accessor.getBLOB(Accessor.java:1270)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getBLOB(OracleResultSetImpl.java:1623)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getBlob(OracleResultSetImpl.java:585)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getBlob(DelegatingResultSet.java:550)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getBlob(DelegatingResultSet.java:550)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SqlJdbcUtil.getValue(SqlJdbcUtil.java:647)
	... 201 more

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

Hi Artem,

If you are still running into this issue please run the database integrity checker for JIRA.  If it finds any issues let it fix the problems per step 4 of the Using the database integrity checker knowledge base article.

In addition, it appears you may be running into the bug documented in JRASERVER-47267.  Please review that bug ticket and follow the work around if you agree that applies to your situation.

Cheers,

Branden

AnatoliyG July 11, 2017

You're right. It was JRASERVER-47267. 

And I was resolve the situation in few hours with atlassian support team.

Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
nishant February 3, 2021

jiraerror.JPG

I am getting this erroe while taking the backup. can you help me in this. i need to switch my jira server o jira cloud.

I want to move it to jira cloud with all my attachments and backup. Please help me in doing that.

Suggest an answer