Jira Automation Question: Smart Value not returning the name of Resolution State

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to use the issue smart value in a Jira Automation that returns the resolution of the issue when the issue transitioned to done (with certain conditions) 

Here's a screenshot of my automation rule:

Jira Automation SS.png

The rule (audit log shows that it) has run successfully, however I instead of the automation adding in a comment that says "Resolution set to: Won't Do(which I hope and intend to be outcome), it is instead returning with this statement "Resolution set to: 10018"

image.png

Can anyone tell me why this is and how I can fix this?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

Hi @Hamza Chundrigar ,

I can‘t verify as I could only find {{issue.resolution}}. In (similar) case of status there is the option {{issue.ststus.name}}. 

You could try {{issue.resolution.name}}.  Please let us know if this works.

Best
Stefan

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2022

That worked! Thanks Stefan

For others who might come across this post, after using:

Resolution set to: {{issue.status.name}} | {{issue.resolution.name}} — The automation produced the following result:

image.pngimage.png

Cheers,

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

awesome 🙌🏼 great to know you got that working 💪🏼

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events