Jira Automation: How to populate parent custom field value to sub-tasks?

Iana April 27, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to build algorithm which will auto populate some certain custom field from parent to child issue (from Epic to Story and to sub-tasks). 

Please can you advice what rules have to be applied? 

Thank you,
Iana

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021
Iana April 28, 2021

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your help. 

Anyway, in my case it is still not working :( 

When issue created or edited I need to populate a custom field value from parent to sub-task (existed or newly created) and from Epic to Story. 

I've added a screenshot bellow, please can you check it and advice what is wrong? 

Many thanks! 

2021-04-27 17_40_15-Project automation - JIRA.png

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hey @Iana ,

Happy to tell you that after few attempts, I was able to figure out a solution. Attaching the pictures below for your reference. Please replicate the same to "Copy custom field value from an Epic to Story when a Stroy is created". Hope it helps.

-Kevin.p6.PNGp7.PNG

Like Iana likes this
Iana May 14, 2021

Thank you

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

@Iana Please accept the answer if it works out for you, so it can be useful for others too.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Suggest an answer