Jira Automation - Close child tickets

jherman August 29, 2022

Hello all

I want to make automation for automatically close all tickets linked to parent incident. 

But, i have always an error "Spécifiez la Resolution (name) au format de chaîne (resolution)".

Can you please help me on this error ?

Thank you for your help.

image.pngimage.png

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2022

Hi @jherman 

Are you trying to set the resolution with automation for Jira Service Management?  If so, I believe that is not currently possible, per this open suggestion: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3701

Kind regards,
Bill

jherman August 31, 2022

Hello

Thank for your reply. 

It seems to be the same problem indeed.
And still no solution?

However, closing child tickets when the parent is closed is a basic function in a ticket tool.  And especially in terms of ITIL.

Thank you

Regards

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @jherman ,

Your request looks good, I think it's because you closed the "}" too soon; in your code, you close the update { before doing your field request. Maybe try after deleting one "{" before the part where you update the resolution ?

Let me know how it goes,

Guilhem

jherman August 31, 2022

Hello

Thank for your help. 

I have same error with this modification : 

image.png

Thank you

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD