Jira AutoLink Plugin doesn't link

Deleted user February 1, 2015

Hi everyone,

can you please help me with my issue? We installed Jira AutoLink Plugin on our's JIRA but it doesn't seem to work properly. I checked the permission scheme on the project and the users have the Link permission, and in the system properties in Issue features the Linking issue is enabled. Checked the JIRA log file and we don't get any error for this.

Best Regards,

Ivan

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 20, 2015

Thanks Pawel, after installing new version and 3x times of full reindexing it creates automatic links. But, when we wan't to delete the link by clicking on trash icon, it doesn't remove. Instead, to remove the link we need to remove all comments that contains that issue key, after deleting the comments it deletes automatically the link. I assume that is how you implement the source code of your plugin. Now in the log file it is written for every action: Alredy existing links, Links to be removed, Working on automatic link, Created issue link I think that will do, thanks again for your help Pawel. Best Regards, Ivan

0 votes
pbugalski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2015

I'm glad it is working for you. Indeed, plugin is designed to remove automatically created link once all comments that contain that issue key are removed. However it does nothing to prevent you from removing link manually. So you might be experiencing issue unrelated to this plugin.

0 votes
pbugalski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

I'm a bit out of ideas here. You could try new version 1.1 that was just released. Among other changes it has a bit better error handling. After installing make sure you have logging level DEBUG configured for logger: com.atlassian.jira.plugins.autolink

0 votes
Deleted user February 19, 2015

Plugin is enabled, created two new issues. Mention the issue key of one issue in the comment, but still doesn't create link in link section. After that a add manual the link via More->Link, then it was created. After that i wan't to delete it with the trash icon but nothing happens, don't get even a pop windows that usually ask you to confirm that delete action. I don't get it, before in the log was written: "[jira.plugins.autolink.ExistingKeysFinderService] Already existing links(to be skiped):[]". But now it was recorded only: [provider.source.applink.ApplicationLinkDataProvider] Request url doesn't match rpc url configured This error was recorded before in version 1.0.1 logged. I made a check with Integrity Cheker, just get two error of custom field in another project. Before we disabled all user installed plugins except autolink plugin. and still the same error. Don't know where to look furhter, only when the working time is finished, then I will try a full reindex.

0 votes
pbugalski
Atlassian Team
February 19, 2015

Reindex is not required to get logs in atlassian-jira.log. You should get logs after editing any issue or adding comment to issue. Also make sure that you can find JIRA Autolink plugin listed under Administration > Add-ons > Atlassian Marketplace > Manage add-ons and it is enabled.

0 votes

I installed, set log level to DEBUG and don't get any logs in atlassian-jira.log. Maybe it requires full reindexing. I will do that, but currently we cannot do this during working time. I will make a reply as soon as possible.

0 votes

Pawel, thank you for the new version. I'm going to installed it right away and see what will happen.

0 votes
pbugalski
Atlassian Team
February 19, 2015

Hi, there is not enough information to decide what is happening. You could try to install JIRA Autolink 1.0.2 [ https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.jira-autolink-plugin/version/100000200 ] I have added there some additional logging on level DEBUG for logger com.atlassian.jira.plugins.autolink

0 votes
Deleted user February 17, 2015

I set DEBUG level for com.atlassian.jira.plugins.autolink and i got: [jira.plugins.autolink.ExistingKeysFinderService] Already existing links(to be skiped):[] Why do I get this message, when the links isn't created/visible on view issue page? Pawel, can you please advise me?

0 votes
Deleted user February 12, 2015

Anyone?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events