Jira Auto start issue on logwork

Jerome F_ December 18, 2015

Hi,

I'd like to create a trigger to auto transition from status "accepted" to "in progress" when a logwork has been filled out. Because, I've a lot of developpers who forget and leave the issue at "accepted". I wanted to user "trigger" function of the transition, but the button is unavailable.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this issue,

Regards.

4 answers

0 votes
Jerome F_ December 19, 2015

Hi,

As far I read, trigger is only for external solution as Bitbucket, FishEye...

With Script Runner, I've just found the "Fast-track transition an issue" feature (Param > add-ons > Script Runner > Script Listeners > Fast-track). With it, I can:

• Choose projet (All)
  • Events: Work logged on issue
  • Conditions: "Accepted" == issue.getStatus().getName() // be careful : case sensitive test
  • Actions: Start Progress
  • Additional code: empty

Now it works pretty well wink

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

Here is a link to the Atlassian documentation regarding triggers: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-workflow-triggers-776636696.html

If you have a self hosted instance you could also potentially do it by adding a post function.

Cheers!

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

Hi Jerome,

Use "transition issue" post function to automatically transition issue from status "accepted" to "in progress" when log work been filled.

You need to write groovy expression to check log work value for particular issue.

Post function will then run only if expression returns true.

Hope that help you!

Thanks

Rahul

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2015

Hi Jerome,

Why not try with a scripted post function if you are using Script Runner Plugin or use CLI? Triggers on transition is available only when you connect to Bitbucket/Stash/Fisheye/Crucible which is not your requirement.

Suggest an answer