Jira Auto Transition no longer working

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Hi,

We recently upgraded our Jira to v6.3.15 and also the equivalent version of Script Runner (v3.0.10)

Since the upgrade we have notice errors when an issue hits an auto transition post function.

The error message is: 'Error creating issue: Can't transition workflow instance #xxxxxx. Current state is 0, requested state is 1'

We have a workaround by adding additional post functions of triggering a generic event that seems to resolve the problem - any ideas on how to fix this without adding additional post functions to all out auto transitions?

Thanks

8 answers

0 votes
werner kolze July 7, 2015

Hi,

I attach a screenshot of the document - 

workflow image 8-07-2015 9-04-56 AM.jpg

Hope this makes sense

cheers

0 votes
Benjamin Mahler July 7, 2015

Hi, same issue here. Could ou please share the solution? I am not permitted to open the https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/22/JSP-235452

0 votes
Sven Schott June 21, 2015

Werner, thanks for the reply. I think it might be a permissions thing. I might open a ticket and link it to yours so I can track it. Thanks again.

0 votes
werner kolze June 21, 2015

I found the solution and Atlassian did freeze the JSP-235452 - I was asked to place my solution on that issue - which I havent had time to do yet. May be you cannot see it because its in the status of "Frozen" ? here is the full link https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/22/JSP-235452 HTH cheers

0 votes
Sven Schott June 21, 2015

Werner, could you link the issue you created? I can't seem to find that ticket on Atlassian's JIRA (no JSP project that I can see). Having the same problem and I would like to upvote the issue.

0 votes
werner kolze June 15, 2015

I also have the same issue - I created a call with Atlassian - [JIRA Support] Auto Transition Issue [JSP-235452]

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

Hi,

We simply added a generic event with no other restrictions/parameters as the final post function.

This does not work for all post functions we have found though, so we are considering down grading to v3.0.6 which seems to not have this issue.

0 votes
Ian Clark June 2, 2015

Hi Mathew, I have the same issue. Would you mind sharing more details of your workaround? What is the order of the posting the generic event versus the auto transition?

Suggest an answer