Jira Auto Transition Listener missing comments

Notesmaster June 12, 2013

I wonder if anyone can help me with this as I've been tearing my hair out as to why the autotransition listener is working most of the time, but missing issues occasionally on our helpdesk.

I have set it like this:

• Action ID101
  • Event ID6
  • Only do when current user is in (Multi-) User Picker custom field:customfield_10110
  • Only do when current user is the Reporter?true
  • Project KeyIS
  • Status10004

customfield_10110 is a field for Additional Reporters. This picks up most new comments on issues from reporters and transitions them back to 'In Progress' so we can investigate. It seems to be working most of the time, but not all of the time. I've tried enabling debugging in the logs for the com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.listener.AutoTransitionListener class, but this doesn't seem to help.

How could I debug this and/or fix this problem?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Not all comments trigger an issue commented event. E.g. if you attach a file and comment, you'll get issue updated event. Maybe you have to expand the event id list.

Henning

Notesmaster June 12, 2013

Thanks, I've created two seperate listeners for the two updates as it would not allow me to put '2,6' in the Event ID. I'll see if this works!

shashank_shekhar August 11, 2014

@Henning, is there absolutely no way to trigger event for all comments ?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

@Shashankthere is an event for each comment, but it's not always "Issue commented".

shashank_shekhar August 11, 2014

@Henningthanks, I just wanted to trap a comment written, and it wasn't being triggered in my instance. A restart worked :)

Suggest an answer