Jira Authentication using AD - Loggin

Hello,

A simple question. I am having some issues with the authentication in Jira Portal. From time to time i get "Failed login" without puting anything wrong, and after some minutes by puting the same creds i am logging in succesfuly. I am trying to find something in my Active Directory logs without any success. How is a failed login refers in windows logs? Is there any knowledge abiut this issue or am i the only one who has it?

Thanks

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Panagiotis,

Since this is sporadic and you don't see anything in your Active Directory logs you can also take a look at the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira-security.log.  From there you can use the User Management and Login Issues Troubleshooting knowledge base to troubleshoot this a bit further.  If you do reproduce this paste a snippet of the logs that show the failed atttempt and we can take a look at it from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

99 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you