Jira Assingee showing Unassigned Using Rest API

Dev Geek February 23, 2020

Hello,

I am facing issue while creating issue in jira using rest api this is the json I am posting to Jira. 

i.e 

{"fields":{"project":{"key":"JIRA"},"summary":"Test Assignee","description":"Test Assignee","environment":"Windows_10,Google_Chrome_50","priority":{"id":"2"},"issuetype":{"name":"Bug"},"assignee":{"name":"abc.username"}}}

Issue is created successfully in jira but the assignee is showing me "Unassigned". 

Could you please update If i am missing something wrong.?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2020

@Dev Geek  Use 'id' in place of 'name' for assignee. As GDPR is kicking in for API's name is now not acceptable. Your input will look like this

{"fields": ... ,"assignee":{"id":"<ID_FROM_USERS_PROFILE_PAGE>"}}}
Dev Geek February 24, 2020

Thanks, It works.

Liliana Pirv May 26, 2020

Hello. Is there a way to find this Id, of a specific name, programmatically? In order to send it with the json.

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2020

Hello @Dev Geek ,

please look at this thread. Could it be also your case?

Please, is it possible to get error message from the response? It could help us diagnose the problem.

Thank you.

Dev Geek February 23, 2020

I am not getting any error issue is successfully created and I got a jira issue ID in response i.e 

[*responseBody] => {"id":"10247","key":"JIRA-138","self":"https://abc.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/10247"}

This is what I am getting in response but the Assignee key is not updating.

Suggest an answer