Jira Assignee in cc list

LoMing Tsang June 3, 2015

Here is the case, the issue was created when I send an email to Jira, if I put a person in the cc list, then the person will be assigned as assignee to this issue automatically. May i ask that can i set something to close this automation? I am using Jira 4.2.4

Please help, thanks a lot~!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hi,

It seems you have the "ccassignee" parameter set to true in your mail handler.

Try removing the parameter or setting it to false and the CCs shouldn't be added as assignees anymore.

Hope this helps.

LoMing Tsang June 4, 2015

hi Marcus, Thank you for your answer~! may I ask where can I find the "ccassignee" parameter? I am new to JIRA. I am using the Jira 4.2.4 Thanks~! LoMing

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2015

You'll want to check for your Services page in JIRA. There you should have one service for your mail handler with some parameters, similar to the following "project=JRA, issuetype=1, catchemail=foo@example-co.com, createusers=true, bulk=forward" You can find more information about this at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA042/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

LoMing Tsang June 7, 2015

Thanks a lot!~!@! i have done that~!!

Suggest an answer