Jira Approval Process

Travis Benton June 4, 2014

I have a project that will contain issues that need to be approved by multiple groups before the fix can be deployed to our production environment. Basically, once the issue has moved to "Waiting For Approval" status, it can not transition to "Approved for Deployment" until the appropriate "groups" have approved the fix. The tricky part is that there are 14 approval groups, and not all of them will need to approve every issue. One issue might need 4 approvals from specific groups, another issue might need 10 approvals. The author of the issue would assign which groups need to approve when moving to "Waiting for Approval" status. Once a member of every designated group has approved the fix, it should automatically transition to "Ready for Deployment". Hopefully this makes sense...any design/flow ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2014

Hi Travis,

Unfortunately this is not possible OOTB. I think it is possible, but in order to do this you will need to develop a plugin/script that will monitor (by a listener for example) your issues and transition it automatically when all required groups/people approve the fix. Person that is creating a ticket can fill a field and choose with group need to approve this but the logic need to be done only by a plugin or a script.

-Mirek

Travis Benton June 4, 2014

Mirek,

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't think of anything OOTB, so I went ahead and posted the question hoping I was missing something :-)

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to confirm my thoughts!!

Travis

Suggest an answer