Jira: Annual subscription option missing

Ilya Kushlianski January 16, 2019

Hi, I'm currently in Jira trial and would like to buy the annual subscription after the trial ends. I looked at the payment page but did not find a setting to switch to annual subscription. By default, I assume, the subscription is monthly. How to start using Jira with the annual subscription from the start?

Regards,

Ilya

2 answers

0 votes
Paul September 19, 2019

Unlike most of Jira this particular UI is terrible.  You actually have to go through the billing details page, where it looks like you will be charged $10 / month.  Once you do that the link to switch to annual pricing is available.

The UI should not make it look like you're ordering something you don't want to order.

0 votes
Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

Hello and welcome to the community,

I believe you should be able to make this change under Site Administration -> Billing -> Billing Overview or Billing Details. There is then an option at least in my instance to Contact Atlassian to switch to Annual Billing.

cloudbilling.PNG

Here is also the Atlassian excerpt on Cloud Annual pricing/billing as well as the link.

2. How do I sign up for annual payments?

Once a Cloud site has been created, site administrators can navigate to the billing section of their Cloud site and click Payment Details. There, they’ll see Switch to an Annual Payment Plan, and can choose to either pay now with the credit card on file or PayPal, or get an invoice to pay later with Bank Transfer, Check, or ACH (US banks only).

Site administrators can also generate and save a quote for later from the same interface. If an annual quote is generated and saved, note that the subscription will not be converted to an annual plan until payment is received.

Please Note: Your current User count will be matched with the closest Annual Tier. For example, a Jira Software Cloud site with 33 Users will be quoted for the annual 50-User tier. If you require a different User Tier, please contact our Customer Advocate Team.

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/cloud#managingyourannualsubscription-2

Ilya Kushlianski January 20, 2019

Well, my trial period has ended, I am willing to buy Jira but when adding billing details, I still don't see an annual subscription option. 

As far as I understand, I initially need to pay for a month and then, somewhere in settings, will I have an option to switch to annual subscription? Am I correct?

Suggest an answer