Jira Agile workflow showing updated items with line through

Gavin Beddow April 6, 2014

Hi,

We have a project in JIRA ondemand using the Agile solution. The project is configured using the 'Agile Simplified Workflow Scheme' which has not been modified.

When we add a new issues (e.g a story), at first it appears fine, but if then someone updates the item (e.g. to add sub-tasks), the orginal story items then appears with a line through it, even though the status hasn't changed?

This is causing major issues in visibility of tasks. Please could you advise why this is occuring?

Many thanks,

Gavin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2014

I suspect you'll find all the struck-out issues have had their "resolution" field set to "something other than <null>"

You'll need to run some simple searches to test that assumption, and if I'm right, you'll need to do one or two things eto stop it getting wors - remove the resolution field from where-ever you've added it and/or remove corrupting resolution values from the list. Then you can clean out your data.

I'll explain that more if you need it later, please test for it before I start rambling!

0 votes
Gavin Beddow April 6, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your prompt response. I've done some checking and it looks like we had an 'unresolved' item in the resolution field that was getting applied by default when the ticket was updated.

Removing that seems to have resolved the problem.

THanks,

Gavin

Suggest an answer