I've setup a project, and made a custom workflow which has the statuses:

Open (default status)

In Progress (default status)

Fix Pushed

Issue Requiring Review

Rejected

Fix Deployed

Closed (default status)

There are also some transitions, with custom screens for the transitions between them which all work fine.

I'm trailing JIRA Agile, and when I got to the board configuration to edit the columns I can add or rename the columns on the board, but I can only see the standard statues logged, and can't seem to find any way to add the custom ones.

if you drag a bug into the done column then it will go to resolved eventhough there is no way to get there in our work flow, and will change the workflow when opening the bug to be the stanard workflow rather than the custom one.

We only have the custom workflow setup for bugs (where we need to deal with other teams, and so model the strutcture given out from up high), and for everything else we just use the default.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Can you double check if the workflow is correctly associated with a workflow scheme.

And

that workflow scheme is associated properly with the project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+workflow+schemes

I feel you are not able to see the statuses as your project is not using the custom workflow you designed

Rahul

Ian Miller November 21, 2013

That was extactly the problem.

I created the board and started dragging stuff around, which must have inavlidated my workflow as I'd put stuff into statuses which don't exist.

Once I re-assoicated, and created a new board this worked fine.

Thanks.

Ian Miller November 21, 2013

That was extactly the problem.

I created the board and started dragging stuff around, which must have inavlidated my workflow as I'd put stuff into statuses which don't exist.

Once I re-assoicated, and created a new board this worked fine.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer